GREENWICH to DEPTFORD, ROTHERHITHE and BERMONDSEY

From THE GATE CLOCK, a JD WETHERSPOON PUB

Bardsley Lane

Former MORTUARY and CORONERS COURT

ST.ALFEGE’S PARK

St.Alfege Passage

FORMER SCHOOL

Straightmouth

Former EARL GREY P.H.

Roan St.

Former GREYCOAT SCHOOL

The John Roan School was founded in Greenwich through the will of John Roan (c1602-1644), Yeoman of Harriers to King Charles I and/or Yeoman of His Majesty's Greyhounds. This endowed a school to educate poor children from east Greenwich up to the age of fifteen including money towards the childrens' clothing. It was initially known as the Greycoat School of the Foundation of Mr John Roan with the first schoolmaster appointed in 1690. A sister school for the education of girls was set up in 1814. 

Randall Pl.

Former MISSION

Old Pearson St.

Site of GASHOLDERS,  now flats

GREENWICH DLR station

Former BREWERY, now DAVY’S

On the High Road, East

GREENWICH STATION, railways 

DAVY’S WINE VAULTS

QUEEN ELIZABETH COLLEGE, DRAPERS’ almshouses

{Beneath the crest of William Lambard:}
The College of Queen Elizabeth founded by William Lambard Esqr. 1576.

Founded by William Lambard to house twenty local, elderly, poor people and entrusted to be run by the Drapers' Company. The original buildings were demolished in 1818, and their replacements were extended in 1884, providing accommodation for a further thirty-four people. Residents call their homes 'Hobbit Houses'.

Nearby

High Rd., West

THE NORTH POLE P.H.

GREENWICH PUMPING STATION

ELECTRICAL SUB-STATION: LONDON ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY

Former ROYAL KENT DISPENSARY, later part of THE MILLER GENERAL HOSPITAL

MUMFORD’s FLOUR MILL

https://re-photo.co.uk/?tag=wenlock-brewery.   

But by 1897 this was a state of the art flour mill, with roller mills powered by steam. In the 1930s it was bought by the Rank Group, founded in Hull by Joseph Rank who had set up the first modern flour milling business in the UK there in 1875 and milling was soon ended. Parts of the premises were used by various companies, but much was apparently empty for several decades until converted to residential use early this century.

HALF-PENNY HATCH BRIDGE 

Railway lifting bridge

DEPTFORD CREEK

Nearby, along Creekside

COCKPIT ARTS

Cockpit is an award-winning social enterprise and home to over 175 independent creative businesses in London. We provide affordable studio space and in-house business support to talented makers, working to bridge the gap between talent and opportunity.

As the UK’s only business incubator for craft, we welcome applications from makers at all stages of their career looking to take their practice to the next level. With locations in Bloomsbury and Deptford”

TRINITY LABAN  Conservatoire of Music and Dance 

FERRANTI PARK

SUE GODFREY NATURE PARK

Through the Crossfields Estate

Over Deptford Church St.

Giffin St.

PUBLIC LIBRARY

Nearby

ST.PAUL’S Church, Deptford

Over Deptford High St.

DEPTFORD HIGH ST. MARKET

The market takes place every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, from around 7am until 4pm, in Deptford High Street, Douglas Way and the junction with Giffin Street. To see the whole range of stalls it is best to visit before midday as some stallholders pack up early.

There is a broad mix of stalls selling items from fresh fish, foods, groceries, to antiques, second hand clothes and collectibles. Many of the stalls sell ethnic goods, including African, Indian and Chinese foodstuff.

Douglas Way 

Saturday Flea Market

DEPTFORD MARKET YARD

Railway Station

THE ALBANY CENTRE

MARGARET MACMILLAN PARK

DOUGLAS WAY GARDEN

New Cross Railway and LO station

FORDHAM PARK

NEW CROSS FIRE MEMORIAL

Along Woodpecker Road

FOLKSTONE GARDENS 

DEPTFORD PARK

SURREY CANAL LINEAR PARK

GREENLAND DOCK

From Deptford High St to Bermondsey

Finch St.

Edward Place

Former LORD CLYDE P.H.

Evelyn Green

Childers St.

ACME PROPELLER FACTORY

The Deptford Propeller Building, now known as Acme Propeller Factory, is a former ship propeller foundry and paper bag factory at 165 Childers Street in Deptford, London. It's been a hub for artists since 1990 and is now the largest artist studio building in London. The building is facing potential loss as its lease ends in 2025, and Acme has launched a fundraising appeal to secure its future. 

Former GOSTERWOOD TAVERN

Folkestone Gardens

SYLVA restaurant

To Bermondsey Street

Along the Surrey Canal Road > Senegal Way > Millwall Path

THE DEN, Millwall F.C. stadium

Or to Surrey Quays, Rotherhithe village, and Southwark Park and Bermondsey, along Oldfield Grove

Former  CRYSTAL TAVERN,  now LONDON OUTREACH CENTRE

First recorded in 1852 and as it has 1895 on the roof I assume this is the second building.
It stopped trading as a pub but the pub sign together with the Courage Cockerel are still displayed on the right of the building.